Sunday, January 18, 2015

All I Wanna Do

Today marked a week since my arrival in California.  What a week it's been!  I slept in a little bit today (although I still got up a couple hours before anyone else did).  Since I didn't really find a church to go to here, I watched one of my pastor's old sermons on the Internet.  After that, I made myself some brunch and lazed around for a while.  My roommates played video games and watched the NFL games today, so I just played on my computer and my phone.  I wasn't particularly thrilled about either of the outcomes today, but I don't follow football enough to really care.  Right around 3:00, we packed up our trunks and then left for Santa Monica!  We had a great time there!  After we arrived and parked, we made our way down to the beach.  We never actually put on our trunks and got in the water, but we walked along the beach for a while.  I'm pretty sure I didn't pack any flip-flops, and in any case, I didn't wear them to the beach today.  I took off my tennis shoes and carried them, and I put my socks in my pocket.  I need to go buy a cheap pair of flip-flops!  It was really a nice day to go to the beach!  It was sunny, but it wasn't too hot, and we didn't get burnt.  You know you're not in Illinois when you go to a beach in January!  After we were done walking along the beach, we went over to the pier and walked up and down the whole thing.  When we got to the very end, we waited for the sun to set.  Watching the sunset on Santa Monica pier is pretty amazing!  I didn't bring my cell phone, but my roommates all got pretty good pictures.  I'll make sure to post more of them!  After the sun had fallen below the horizon, we made our way back.  We found a really good seafood restaurant near the end of the pier and stopped for dinner.  It was so delicious!  Their fish and chips were so much better than Long John Silver's!  After we hung out there for a while, we made our way to the car and came back.  My roommates immediately prepared to go on the City Walk, but I just settled in for the evening - once again, it's a 21+ thing only!  Ugh!  Just after they left, I decided that I wanted to actually put on my trunks and go down to the hot tub near my apartment.  There were so many people there!  I didn't expect to see a crowd!  I stayed for a while, and then I came on back.  My day is just about over, but tomorrow I'm going to see a taping of Dr. Phil (as long as I can get myself up early enough)!  It's my last day before classes start!

The photo is courtesy of my roommate, Matt Malabonga.


No comments:

Post a Comment