Wednesday, January 14, 2015

I'll Take "Crazy Days" for $1000, Alex!

Today was yet another jampacked, hectic day!  We rose early in the morning so we could start to figure out the public transportation here in L.A.  My mom had already figured out quite a bit by the time she woke me up!  She found a nice website that helps you find and plan routes using the bus and metro systems.  After we continued scoping out the facilities within the apartment complex, we set off for a trip to the offices of Karga Seven Pictures, one of the places where I have an internship this semester.  Boy, was that a crazy trip!  First my mom and I got on the wrong bus.  Thankfully, we realized our mistake and got off before too long.  Once we found the right bus stop, we were on our way to Hollywood & Vine.  When we got off the bus there, we made our way to the Metro station.  The Metro took us all the way to 7th St., but the studio is on 5th St.  We soon ran into problems finding our way there, and we figured out the only walking route that could get us there was very exhausting!  We had to walk up a steep hill overlooking a major highway!  Eventually we got there, but we couldn't stay very long.  I know I won't want to take that route every day I have to intern, so I'll try to figure out something else.  One of my roommates might be able to give me rides.  Anyway, we had to leave for Culver City right when we got back to the apartments so we could attend our Jeopardy! taping!  It was my favorite one so far!  Once we got through the security and the Jeopardy! Hall of Fame, we found our seats.  Immediately after that, we watched a quick video about Jeopardy! and Wheel of Fortune.  Then the announcer, Johnny Gilbert, greeted us and got us ready.  In no time at all, the show was on!  Alex Trebek came out and did his thing!  It was so neat to see Johnny and Alex at work, and the show was exciting too!  During the commercial breaks, Alex would come over to the audience to do Q&A sessions.  I asked him a question, and he talked to me for a while!  He's so chill, laid back, and funny!  Johnny is also very entertaining!  A little while through the first show, we learned that we were going to see two shows!  There was a short break in between, and then they did it all over again!  I can't express how cool it all was!  As I said before, it was my favorite game show taping yet!  My mom agrees!  After we came back to L.A., we had a nice dinner at Outback Steakhouse and did one more shopping trip.  Tomorrow we're going to check out the building where my classes (and another possible internship) are.  Then we'll go to a Wheel of Fortune taping, and my mom will fly home in the evening!


No comments:

Post a Comment