Sunday, January 11, 2015

Parting is Such Sweet Sorrow

Yesterday was a fun day hanging out with family and friends, but it was hard to say goodbye for the next 4 months.  Of everyone I left behind, it was hardest to say goodbye to Cooper Ray, my beloved dog.  I'm afraid he might die while I'm away.  He's approaching 16 years of age, and there's no way he should have lived this long anyway!  He was born in May 1999, and we took him home in July of that year.  Coopie has been around since I was 4, and he's been one of my best buddies for most of my life!  We've done a lot of growing together!  He wasn't always so fond of me (he bit me on the nose pretty good when I was 5), but we've bonded a lot over the years.  At this point, I'm basically infatuated with him!  As I said, he shouldn't still be alive - he's been obese almost his whole life, he barely exercises, and he physically looks terrible!  His vitality and zeal for life are remarkable, and he's living purely on the will to live!  I really hope I get to greet him when I return in May, but if I don't...it's been great, Cooper!  You're the best dog ever!  I don't plan on getting too sentimental with my posts, and this will probably be the worst one!

2 comments: