Saturday, February 7, 2015

An Event I Couldn't Refuse

Hi, everyone!  I'm sorry I haven't posted anything in a while!  I've been really busy and having a lot of fun, and I assure you that I'm alive!  This week has flown by.  On Tuesday, I went back over to Karga Seven as usual.  It was kind of a dull day.  My supervisor told me I would be updating Karga Seven's IMDb page, but that didn't exactly happen.  He told me to sit down for a while and wait until he was ready.  After about half an hour, I got up and asked if he was ready.  He told me he would be back to help me in a few minutes.  Another half hour or more passed by, and I tried again.  He finally gave me the login information, so I tried that.  Naturally it didn't work, so I got up and told him.  He told the secretary to figure it out.  After a while, she was able to give me valid login information.  Once I got logged in, I was completely confused.  She warned me the website was hard to figure out, and she was right!  I called her over and asked if she could help me, and she spent 20 or 30 minutes messing around with it.  She couldn't really do what she wanted to do, so she told me not to worry about it.  After that mess, my supervisor had me hang up a few signs, which took all of 2 minutes.  Soon after that, I asked him if he could give me anything else to do.  He told me to go to lunch and said he would have something once I came back.  When I came back, I helped him and another guy hang some dry erase boards and maps up on the wall.  He didn't really say much after that, so I chilled some more.  Another lady actually told me to relax, take a book off the shelf, check my Facebook, or do whatever!  A little later, they had me go upstairs to postproduction where I checked and organized some release forms.  Once I was done with that, the day was over.  I intended to start some homework after I got back from work and ate dinner, but that didn't exactly happen.  A friend came over to our room and hung out for a while.  Then we decided to go out to the hot tub together.  We had a good time there, but by the time we got back, it was too late to start homework.  On Wednesday, I went over to Glassman Media.  I helped one of their guys in postproduction who was editing an ad for a TV show.  I found some sound effects for him.  I also downloaded videos and clips to be used in some shows and commercials.  Later on, I helped by downloading more videos and assisting in the production of one of their shows.  I really enjoy what I'm doing there!  After I came home and ate a quick dinner, I went to my New Media and Emerging Entertainment class.  Normally that class gets done an hour early, but we actually got out 10 minutes late this week!  We were watching some cool videos, but it still went on a little too long for my liking.  I went back to the apartment and probably just relaxed (it's hard to remember - the days are such a blur!).  On Thursday I was back at Karga Seven.  Most of that day, I was working in postproduction.  I added a bunch of information to some contact sheets and then made a bunch of contact sheets by myself.  After that, I had to look up all the transcripts on a hard drive and make sure everyone who was interviewed had contact information listed.  That was a long and involved process!  That took up the whole portion of my day that I was actually working.  Then I went home and audited the Line Producing course again.  I enjoy it!  The instructor is great, and he only keeps us for about an hour because there are 3 people in the class (including me)!  I finally started that homework on Thursday, but I didn't get much done because I got caught up in other things.  A friend came over and we got some late night ice cream!  On Friday I got to Karga Seven by myself without any issues!  It was a personal victory!  I worked in postproduction again and knocked out a chunk of a final edit report.  That work is so tedious!  It's rather annoying!  After I was done with my half day there, I also got home without incident!  Woo hoo!  I sat around for a while and chilled, and I decided to buy a ticket for an event going on at Grauman's Egyptian Theater that night.  It was a double feature of The Godfather Parts I and II!  I had never been to the theater, and I've heard great things about The Godfather. so it was an event I couldn't refuse!  We went on over to Hollywood, and some of the guys I was with ate at Juicy Burger.  I had already eaten dinner, but I went with them and bought a big cup of Coke.  I knew I was going to need energy!  After I looked up the running times for the movies, I knew what I was getting myself into!  We went over to the theater for the 7:30 showing of The Godfather.  It was an excellent movie!  The storyline is so complex that I'd have to watch it a couple more times to get everything, but I thoroughly enjoyed it!  There was a 10 minute intermission after the movie ended, so we got up to go to the bathroom.  Some of the guys got a drink from Starbucks, but I didn't get anything.  Then we settled in for Part II.  I tried to follow the movie, but I was tired at that point.  Sometimes when I'm tired, my mind will wander.  I was having serious problems paying attention through some of the movie!  The Coke only got me through the first one!  I thought it was decent, but I didn't like it as much as the first.  I thought it didn't flow together as well, but I really need to give it another try when I'm not so tired!  I'll probably pick up on a lot more!  When that movie was over, it was only 2:15 in the morning (do you like my sarcasm?), so we headed home.  I went to sleep, and I slept in quite a bit this morning.  I didn't do too much today other than homework.  I got the first half of that homework done!  It's due Monday, so I'll do the other half tomorrow.  I also walked myself over to the Dog Haus.  I kind of have a problem - that place is so good!  Tomorrow I plan on going to church in the morning, watching a movie, and finishing my homework.  (I promise that the movie is related to my homework!  I have to write reviews about a good movie and a bad movie based on their storylines!  I'm watching the bad movie tomorrow!)  Also, I'll be posting pictures from my Hollywood Sign hike tomorrow.  I completely dropped the ball on that!  Sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment