Wednesday, February 11, 2015

One Heck of a Month

The past few days have been pretty good.  I've been busy, but it's a fun kind of busy.  On Sunday, I got up and went to church.  I really like the church I've gone to the past two weeks!  We've heard from 2 different pastors, but they were both great!  After we got out of church and hung out for a while, the guy giving me rides took me back to my apartment.  I made myself some lunch and then planned to get a haircut.  The problem is, all the hair places (at least the ones I looked at) were closed on Sunday!  I should be able to actually get it done on Friday or Saturday.  From there, I relaxed a little bit and then completed my movie review assignment.  I watched "Evan Almighty" and then wrote a bad review for it.  I was really struggling to come up with a movie I disliked, and I remember thinking that "Evan Almighty" was not too good.  I liked it when I watched it now - when it first came out, I was probably expecting it to be as good as "Bruce Almighty".  I like the original much better, but Evan isn't that bad.  I had to analyze it a little more deeply to point out the flaws in the story structure, but that was probably a good exercise.  After I got done writing that review, I touched up my good review for "Rain Man".  Then it was time for bed.  Monday brought with it the usual classes, but it was a nice week.  For my Development Process of Film & TV class, we had a guest speaker instead of just a lecture the whole time.  He was really interesting and funny!  How Hollywood Works was even better because we started class by eating a huge cake!  We had a big birthday cake to celebrate all the January and February birthdays!  One week after my birthday, I was still celebrating!  We're going to do this again in March and April, and I can't wait!  The cake was a Black Forest-type thing, and it was heavenly!  The class itself was normal.  We had our usual discussions and then heard from a guest speaker.  We have a speaker in that class most weeks.  The only bad thing is that the teacher assigned a 500-1000 word essay reflection!  He doesn't like homework and very rarely gives it, but he's required to assign a certain amount.  It's not the length that's bad - just the fact that we have to do it!  I would have paid attention a little more closely had I known in advance!  After that class, I went back to the apartment so I could work on my résumé.  I added some items and made some changes, and then I sent it off to GSN!  They have several different internship offerings, and I jumped on them!  Once I was done with that, I ate some pizza.  We ordered some Domino's because Monday was National Pizza Day!  (It was also Read in the Bathtub Day, but I didn't celebrate that.)  A little while after dinner, a couple of my roommates and I went on a grocery store trip.  I needed to stock up on food - I spent a little over $60!  (Money doesn't go as far in California, but I still bought a lot.)  After that, I just chilled and hung out with my roommates and friends.  Tuesday was another day at Karga Seven.  I worked in postproduction the whole day, and I should have expected no less.  I worked on actualizing the transcript for an episode that hasn't aired yet.  We fought through some particularly horrible traffic going both there and back!  While I was working at Karga Seven that day, GSN gave me a call!  I couldn't answer it then, but I was so excited!  I got back home and immediately left them a message.  Then I made some dinner and hung out for a while.  I also took care of some laundry and did homework for another class.  Today was another day at Glassman Media.  I didn't do quite as much this week as I have the past couple weeks, but my work there is all fun stuff!  I'm definitely not dropping that internship even if I get one at GSN!  I have had some incredible opportunities at Glassman already.  When that was done, I went back to the apartment for the short break before my class at night.  GSN didn't call me at all today, so I left them one more message.  I'm a little nervous - I want that internship more than anything else in the world!  Please pray for me and think about me!  I'll tell you more information right when I know about it!  After I ate dinner, I went over to the class.  It's a pretty neat class!  We started talking about our final projects for the semester.  I have some good plans!  Since then, I've just been relaxing.  It's amazing to think that I've been here in Hollywood for a month already!  It's certainly been one heck of a month!  I have a few more where that came from, and I'll be sure to keep you updated!  It sounds like people have enjoyed my blog posts, and I'm glad to hear that!

No comments:

Post a Comment