Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Working For The Weekend

The past several days have been pretty busy and very fun!  I started out last Friday by waking up and heading to my internship at Karga Seven.  I figured out that one of my roommates drives by Hollywood and Vine to go to his internship on Fridays, so I got a ride with him up to that point.  Once I was at Hollywood and Vine, I stopped at Starbucks since I had a while before the subway would be around.  I got a Java Chip Frappuccino, which my brother Chase recommended.  It was pretty good!  Then I headed over to the subway station and got on the train.  Once I got off at the station on 7th St, I started heading in the right direction!  I was going the correct way, but I thought I could cheat the system and go in an entrance that was closer to where I was.  It didn't exactly work out...the entrance was for cars only, and I'm pretty sure the pedestrian entrance was actually closer!  I was a little late to work, but it was pretty relaxed as usual.  I am going to be on time this Friday, mark my words!  The first thing they had me do was look at some release forms for an episode they were producing.  Once I got that done, they sent me upstairs to postproduction where I watched another unaired episode and reviewed the transcript.  I hadn't gotten through a lot of the episode when it was already time to go!  After I left around 2:00, I ate lunch and then started heading back home.  When I got to the subway station, I hardly had to wait at all!  And I got on the right train, too!  Little did I know that things were about to get really frustrating.  When I got off the subway at Hollywood and Vine, I walked over to the bus stop.  It was raining a little bit, and I was definitely ready to go home for the weekend.  The annoying thing is, the 222 bus only comes around every 50 minutes or so.  The rain started to pour harder, but I wanted to stay out there to make sure I could catch the bus.  After half an hour or more, I saw the bus coming our way.  One street before it got to us, it broke down!  I kid you not!  The bus broke down, and I was stranded there for another 50 minutes!  I felt like I had waited very patiently for a long time, and that time became a whole lot longer.  When a functioning bus arrived, I rode it home and walked back to my apartment.  It was only a few minutes before 5:00 when I walked in the door!  At this rate, I might as well work a full day on Fridays!  I relaxed by myself for a while because my roommates were gone, but they got back soon enough.  One of them brought over a friend, and we all went out to the bowling night!  We were excited for a night of free bowling, pizza, chips and salsa, and soft drinks!  When we got there, we put on our shoes and got going!  The pizza wasn't there yet, but we attacked the chips and salsa.  Me, 2 of my roommates, our guest, and another friend formed a group of 5 for bowling.  It was a lot of fun!  I was my typical bowling self, and I scored 53 in the first game and 64 in the second.  I really enjoy bowling, though!  Everybody thinks my bowling technique is funny - they say it looks like I'm throwing a microphone!  One of them called me a "sassy bowler"!  The bowling was fun, the food was delicious, and we had a great time!  After we got kicked out, we went back to the apartment.  Then I went over to another UTLA student's apartment to hang out for a while.  Several hours later, when it was early in the morning, I finally went to bed.  We all slept in quite a bit on Saturday morning, but the afternoon was crazy!  After we ate lunch at The Dog Haus, we left for the Hollywood Sign.  We walked all the way along a hiking trail that led to the top of the mountain!  At our highest point, we were looking down at the sign!  It was a challenging hike, and there were some breathtaking views!  Overall, it was an enjoyable experience.  I'll post some pictures from our adventure tomorrow!  When we hiked all the way down the mountain and drove home, we were exhausted!  We all just chilled at the apartment for a while.  I made myself some dinner and played on my computer while one of my roommates watched a movie.  The next day, I woke up and got ready to go to a new church.  I walked out to the parking area just outside the front gate and met the guy who's giving me a ride!  I got in, and we went to Calvary Bible Church!  (I didn't end up going to Saddleback - sorry, Aaron!)  When we got there, I met a whole bunch more people!  The service started at 10:45 and lasted for roughly an hour and a half.  I really enjoyed it!  It reminded me of my home churches!  Following the service, I met more people, and then we headed off to a Super Bowl party!  One of the church families hosted a party at their house!  We had great food and just played around for a while!  When the game started, we all eventually made our way over to the TV.  Once halftime came around, we just hung out and had fun.  A lot of the parents and little kids left after halftime was over.  The rest of us watched the second half of the game.  I kind of wanted the Seahawks to win, but I'm not particularly fond of either team.  After the game was all over, we went to another person's house.  It was all fun, but I was tired and ready to go home after that.  This morning was like any other Monday morning, except I woke up to a bunch of birthday texts and Facebook posts!  I went to my classes as usual, and I had a quick advisement meeting afterwards, but then it was time to celebrate!  I started "celebrating" by doing laundry, but then my roommates took me out to In-N-Out Burger!  I got my gift card in the mail last week, and I was ready to try it!  I liked my burger and fries, and the chocolate milkshake was amazing!  After we got back, I continued doing laundry, and then I watched "Rain Man" on Netflix.  I hadn't seen it in years.  It is such a wonderful movie!  I enjoyed it much more now than I did then!  I broke into my chocolate birthday cake (Thanks, Mom!), and then my day was basically over.  My mom also bought me a ticket for the Weird Al concert in Bloomington on May 26!  Yay!  I'm so excited!  Tomorrow I continue my internship at Karga Seven.  I can't believe I'm 20 years old!

No comments:

Post a Comment